Maximum height of palletizing, depending on the product and packaging.
The general use of pallets for logistics operations has led to the standardization of multiple aspects, including the maximum height of palletization according to the product and packaging..
In addition to establishing recommendations for the packaging of goods by type of product, for their modular adaptation on pallets, they must also comply with a number of aspects.
From the dimensions, different in several geographical areas, to the maximum weight and, of course, the heights that the goods can reach on the pallet, they must follow a series of recommendations to guarantee stability and avoid putting safety at risk.
Palletization of goods: maximum height and exceptions
To make the palletized loading unit for products with different secondary packaging formats more efficient, the 1200 x 800 mm and 800 x 600 mm pattern is usually used.
- For 800 x 1200 mm pallet, with a maximum weight of 1000 kg, the maximum height is 2.6 meters.
- For the half pallet, 800 x 600 mm, with a maximum weight of 500 kg, the maximum height is 1.30 m.
These measures are maintained for products whose secondary packaging does not exceed 15 kg, although there are some exceptions for specific products:
- Napkins, tissues, kitchen and toilet rolls: the maximum height is 1.35 meters.
- Water: the maximum height is 1.45 on a half pallet.
- Celluloses: the maximum height is 2 meters.
- Detergents: maximum heights between 1.45 and 2 meters, depending on the type of product (dishwasher, fabric softeners, liquid and powder household cleaners and bleach, depending on the size of the presentation).
At Algevasa Logistic we work with standard pallet measures and offer specialized consulting services, both for the transport and storage of goods in secondary and tertiary cargo units.