The advantages of working with a pallet pool
Disused pallets eventually result in an expense in terms of storage and management of new ones, so it is necessary to review the advantages of working with a pallet pool.
The system called “pallet pool” is a service through which it is the provider who makes available the number of pallets needed to make the shipment.
That is to say, when a company sends palletized merchandise, the empty pallet is not recovered and this has a cost for the one who makes the shipment; on the other hand, for those who receive the shipment, the amount of empty pallets is far from welcome, since it implies management and storage costs.
That is why working with a pallet pool can result in advantageous solutions for all parties.
Important aspects of the pallet pool
- Optimization of resources: the storage space and avoiding the management of empty pallets is the opportunity to allocate these resources to other productive areas of the business.
- Specialization: the transit, delivery, collection, repairs and recycling of pallets is more efficient when performed by a specialized pool.
- Traceability: specialized companies also offer tracking of the parts, which is more efficient and controlled.
- Environmental: both wood and plastic or metal pallets require maintenance and eventual repairs that are often only profitable in a pallet pool.
- Standardization: quality levels in logistics operations are increasingly demanding and, among others, the measurements, materials and format of the pallets can determine the success of an operation.
- Flexibility: this system is much easier to adapt to the seasons of increase and decrease in demand, resulting in a much simpler and variable cost.